Did The Cubs Win?
OSS: Yadier Molina owned the Cubs again off of a fluky single in the 9th, and Rizzo was the zero, not the hero.
1. The Valbuena/Olt battle is just about wrapped up at this point. Luis Luis walked, doubled and tripled. If the battle is between a guy who plays good defense and can play comfortably in the 2 hole and a guy who can’t not strikeout 33% of the time, the first guy usually wins.
2. Jason Hammel didn’t have a great game on the mound, but it wasn’t bad (6 IP, 3 ER). He went 1-1 with 2 RBI and a walk, though. Basically, he was the offense on our team.
3. Emilio Bonifacio walked twice. Yay!
1. Starlin Castro went 0-4 with a pair of strikeouts. This isn’t that terrible all things considered, but it’s the worst of the bunch.
2. John Baker struck out twice, but did walk. There were no awful performances.
3. I guess you have to put Rondon here, for getting the loss (.2 IP, 2 ER, 2BB). Honestly, though, it’s hard to fault him for giving up the pair of runs. He made his pitch, Molina got just enough of it, and it was poked back up the middle.
Tonight, 8:05, White Sox at Cubs (Quintana vs. Samardzija)
Terrace Reserved (Aisle 202): $13
Will the Cubs Win?