OSS: Well, it wasn't a sweep.
- At least this one was over quickly.
- Um…the pitching staff only issued two walks?
- Time to deal with my DVR/streaming backlog! Hannibal and Halt and Catch Fire, I'm looking at you.
- Quintana just didn't have it tonight, and the Dodgers made him pay. I look forward to his next few years in a Cubs uniform, and odds are decent that he'll be pitching in a NLCS again soon. I still think that's the best move the Cubs have made since the Russell trade.
- Bryant finally homered, in about as meaningless a situation as you could find in the entire playoffs. The whole offense laid an egg once again, though at least there's relatively less shame in doing so against Kershaw.
- Expectations were high going into the season, so this feels like a big disappointment. Lots of sophomore slumps, but hopefully some bouncebacks next year.
Next up: Time to root for Starlin Castro or Cubs Legend Marwin Gonzalez to get a ring, depending on your level of #NeverYankees