Did The Cubs Win?
1. Couldn’t be anyone but Rizzo, who walked 4 times and hit a 2-run homer in the 1st inning. His WPA for yesterday’s game was a stout .298.
2. Starlin Castro had almost as good of a game. He went 3-4 with 2 doubles and a walk. Castro is up to .308 on the young season.
3. Welington Castillo went 3-4 with a walk as well. Unfortunately, he only had 1 double.
1. Edwin Jackson had another poor outing. He got the win (yay?), but couldn’t escape the 6th without being chased. He allowed a homer, 5 hits, and 2 walks. He struck out just 3 batters.
2. Mike Olt had perhaps his worst game of the season. He simply doesn’t look competitive at the plate right now. It’s hard to say “send him to AAA,” because Villanueva is a better prospect. You could put him at 1B, I guess.
Cubs went 3-for-17 with RISP…Bonifacio stole his 10th base, more than 6 teams…Billy Hamilton stole his 11th base of the year…Cubs walked 6 times and struck out only 7…Sean Marshall is still a Cub…Bryant reached on an error against Kershaw last night.
Friday, May 2, 2:20 PM CST (Cardinals @ Cubs)
Stubhub: Outfield Upper Deck Seats $13, Bleachers $30
Red Grange Bobblehead giveaway
Will The Cubs Win?