OSS: Cubs dig a hole, then climb back out of it.
- Vic Caratini hit a bases loaded, pinch-hit double to give the Cubs the lead in the sixth, completing the comeback after the Cubs went down 4-0 in the first inning.
- Kyle Schwarber had the other big hit two innings earlier, a solo shot that tied the game at 4.
- After a disaster of a first inning where he gave up two long HRs despite the wind blowing in, Jon Lester settled down and cruised the rest of the way, allowing just an infield single in the next five innings.
- Of course, Lester did get shelled in the first. Less of that would be good.
- Technically Javy had the biggest hit by WPA with his no out, RBI triple in the third, but he ended up stranded there.
- The Brewers won again, thanks for nothing, Pirates.
Next up: The Cubs go for the sweep on yet another appearance on Sunday Night baseball. Waino takes on Cyle at 6:05 PM CT.