OSS: Cubs sweep the Phillies, grind their bones to make their bread.
- Ben Zobrist's hot streak continues, this time thanks to a three run homer in the third inning. We're at the point where a one hit game seems disappointing from him. Do better smh.
- John Lackey was solid today striking out six batters in seven innings and allowing just one run, on a solo shot. Lackey walked four today and was visibily upset about some of them according to Pat, though I didn't get the sense if he was mad at himself or the ump.
- Miguel Montero also homered in this game, and later drove in one of the Cubs insurance runs. I hope that back stays feeling better.
- This sweep helps erase the sting of last year's sweep at the hands of the Phillies, the lowest point in what was an amazing season. It lingered, much like the stale fart of someone who has just left the room, but now the Cubs have put a match to it.
- I'm not sure what the point of bringing in Strop was to face Andres Blanco in the middle of the eighth with a six run lead. I guess he just needed some work.
- Speaking of Andres Blanco, he of a career .267/.320/.391 line and 1.6 WAR over eight seasons and change, it pretty much sums up the Phillies season that he was batting third today. I also completely forgot that he started 30 games for the 2009 Cubs, a good sign as that's a season I'd rather forget for many reasons.