OSS: Jon Lester helps himself.
- Jon Lester’s pitching line was just okay (6 IP, 3 R, 5 H, 3 BB, 3 SO), but he managed to get a two run single off of Syndergaard, picked off a Mets baserunner, and snagged a liner hit right up the middle to finish up his day.
- Anthony Rizzo continued his torrid hitting streak, hitting two doubles and a homer in this one.
- Jesse Chavez managed to shut the door, after most of the rest of the bullpen managed to prop it open.
- The Cubs pen nearly blew it in the ninth. Hopefully Morrow is back to full strength soon.
- Javy TOOTBLAN’ed in the middle of a Cubs rally in the first inning.
- Bob Odenkirk is a great actor, not so much a great singer.
Next up: Cole Hamels takes on likely CYA winner Jacob deGrom at 7:05 PM CT.