OSS: Cubs absolutely dominate the game for 8 innings, and then clench their collective butts for a 9th inning scare.
Quirky Stat: No walks in this game.
1. Jon Lester has now been incredible for 2 consecutive games. He was very close to a Maddux and settled for 8 scoreless, with 4 hits, no walks, and 9 strikeouts.
2. Kris Bryant was pretty close to 2 dingers, but settled for 3-5, 2 doubles. He's a down-ballot MVP candidate, same as last year.
3. Nice to see Rizzo come around again. He went 3-5 with 2 RBI.
1. Justin Grimm only recorded non-outs in his 3 BF performance, the last of which being a home run.
2. I'm getting very worried about how bad Addison Russell has looked lately. Against lefties, Russell hits about as well as I do.
3. Jorge Soler broke again. He's getting an MRI on his hamstring, and it sounds like Albert Almora may take his place on the roster.
Tonight, 6:05 PM CT
Professor Changeup vs Jared Eickhoff