OSS: David Ross picks up his 100th HR and the Cubs roll the Phillies on a stormy day.
- David Ross hitting his 100th homer was the big story of the day. I was at lunch and missed it but you'd have to think that Pat Hughes called it a Turning Point. A lot of us here didn't want Ross to come back this season and he's hewed to ACB/OV tradition by proving us wrong. Shut me right up. Ross's great final season has been one of the best of the many fun storylines this year.
- Not long before Grandpa's home run, Jorge Soler hit an absolute moonshot off the left field scorebaord to put the Cubs up 2-1. Added to his RBI single in the first inning, he was the Cubs WPA leader on the day. Great to see him mash against the kind of pitcher he should be destroying.
- Jon Lester had a nice bounce-back start following the team's shortest outing of the season in his last go-round. He struck out seven and walked two, allowing two runs in 6.1 (almost) rain-shortened innings. The first run can hardly be blamed on him, as it resulted from a two-error play by Dex and Javy.
- The double-error play is the only particular thing that stands out as bad. *shrug*
- The Cardinals are winning.
- The Pirates are winning.
Next up Eickhoff v Hendricks, 1:20 CT