OSS: Brerrors help put the Cubs back to five up in the loss column.
- Murphy homered to lead off the top of the fourth, which got the rest of the Cubs offense going.War Bear also hit a 6000 foot home run for some insurance later in the game.
- They got some help from multiple errors following a Rizzo single, but they got their hits in too. It was some great heads up baserunning from both Javy and Rizzo on that play.
- Q pitched into the seventh inning and turned in a quality start, though it was a little shaky at times. At least the starting staff is firing on some cylinders going into the stretch run.
- Baez had a very Baez-y day all around, making some great plays on the bases but striking out three times.
- It looks like Schwarber tweaked his back on his HR, hopefully we will know more soon about how serious it might be.
- The Cardinals won.
Next up: The Cubs head to DC for a four game series with the Nats. Cyle, who is somehow the team leader in strikeouts, takes on Stephen Strasburg at 6:05 PM CT.