OSS: Edwin Jackson dodges the first bullet and gets hit by the second.
1. Junior Lake, sure. He went 2-4 with a triple. Pretty cool.
2. Mike Olt, why not. 2-3, with a double and an RBI.
3. Anthony Rizzo hit a home run! It was fun, because we had a lead before Grim Death took hold of Chicago.
1. Edwin Jackson had a really shitty game. Just 4 runs in 6 innings doesn’t do justice to how bad he was. 8 hits, 3 walks, but he looked worse than even that! He settled down after shitting the bed in the first 2 innings, but it conceivably could have been 8-2 after that.
2. Starlin Castro had a pretty bad game, going 0-4 with 2 strikeouts and looking relatively lost at the plate.
3. If Blake Parker didn’t give up a pair of runs in the 8th, the game is tied at the 9th. 25th man woo!
This team sucks.
Cubs @ Yankees, Tuesday, 6:05 PM CST
Hammel v. Tanaka (:()