OSS: Cy(le) Cobb makes an appearance
- Kyle Hendricks extended his streak of excellent pitching, allowing just one run in eight innings, striking out seven. Hendricks led off the top of the ninth with his first walk of the game, which led to the pen finishing the game off. Even more impressively, Hendricks went 3-4 including a two-run double in the second inning that fell just shy of the warning track in dead center. He could easily have gone 4-4, as the lone out was a line drive that happened to be hit straight at the second baseman.
- Albert Almora made an incredible catch on a deep ball to center in the bottom of the fifth, seemingly levitating to catch a ball hit to the deepest part of the park.
- Kris Bryant remains locked in, going 3-5 in this one with a double.
- Not sure why the editor keeps forcing me to add a fourth thing
- Rizzo’s back is still bothering him, and he will be out for a few more games. It might not be a bad idea to just put him on the injured list and let him fully rest.
- Another rought game for David Bote, who went 0-4 with three strikeouts.
- The Brewers and Cardinals both won today.
Yu Darvish takes on Sonny Gray at 5:40 PM CT. While this last Hendricks start was a Pat Hughes special in terms of game length, this one will probably feature a few bases on balls. Despite walking fewer batters than I might have guessed this year, Gray is not one for long outings.