OSS: That fucking 8th inning.
1. Kyle Hendricks was pretty solid today. He didn't walk a single batter (only 2 strikeouts, so lots of balls in play). He made one bad mistake to David Freese, but allowed no other runs on the day.
2. Ian Happ had a 2-run single that would give the Cubs a 3-2 lead they took all the way to the 8th inning.
3. Nice to see Baez back in action after a short injury. Two hard hit balls today, but only one found grass.
1. Carl Edwards Jr. had a WPA of -.505 today. That tells you pretty much all you need to know. He allowed 5 baserunners and secured 4 outs, a ratio more suited to Donald Trump's tweets than good pitching.
2. Jon Jay failed to score with 2 on and 2 out, and also struck out in the 9th inning in a particularly bad AB.
3. Carl Edwards Jr. was so bad today, that I decided to give him this spot too.
6:05 pm CST
Jose "And we go to the Top of the 2nd. Pirates 3, Cubs nothing." Quintana vs. Gerrit "I don't even think the Golden State Warriors are the best team in their division" Cole
Will the Cubs Win?
Does a bear shit in the international space station?