OSS: Cubs blast two homers with the wind blowing in to extend winning streak to four games and get back to a tie for first place.
- The biggest hit of the game was Kris Bryant's two run homer in the first inning, which plated Zobrist. Zobrist himself just missed hitting one out to lead off the game for the Cubs.
- Albert Almora went deep on Straily in the fourth to extend the Cubs lead to three. The Cubs were knocking Straily around all game, and it's kind of surprising that they only came away with three even with the wind blowing in.
- Caveats again for the wind, but from the line score and the few innings I caught of the game on the radio it looked like Eddie Butler was having a solid outing. It's not top of the rotation level stuff or anything, but perfectly adequate for a fifth starter. Monty pitched the rest of the way for the long save, which we will probably see more of in non-bed shitting fifth starter outings.
- Schwarber was the only Cub with a notably bad line, going 0-3 with two strikeouts. The top 14 plays by negative WPA were all by Marlins players, which is always nice to see.
- It felt like the Cubs left a lot of runs on the table, but three was enough today.
- Some third thing.
Next up: Jeff Locke takes on Jake Arrieta at 7:05 PM CT.