OSS: Cubs raise the banners and pull out a late win.
- The Cubs are World Series champions, in case you didn't know. I love the designs on the new banners.
- Anthony Rizzo's first RBI of the year was a walk-off against a guy who was one of the top five relievers in baseball last year. He also led the way in the pregame ceremonies, which was great to see.
- Justin Grimm was the day's WPA leader, thanks to his getting out of a bases loaded no outs jam with a one run lead.
- Carl Edwards just didn't have it tonight, completely unable to find a strike zone. Luckily Grimm was able to bail him out.
- The Cubs had a few rough PAs, but the one that looked the worst was Baez's strikeout in the eighth. He was able to lay off one or two of Romo's sliders, but chased his way to a strikeout anyway.
- The Dodgers tied it up thanks to an ill-advised throw by Addison Russell on a tough double play. I actually thought it was Baez when I was watching it, since Addy is usually so good ad putting the ball in his pocket in these situations.
Next up: A boring off-day, then Lackey takes on Brandon McCarthy on Wednesday night.