OSS: The Javy Baez show goes on the road.
- Javy had a huge day, going 4-6 with a homer, double, and two singles. The double was an easy single that he hustled out to grab the extra base. Just after that, he hustled his way to third on a Theriot Special, but instead of TOOBLANing he slid around the tag and went on to score on a RBI groundout form Rizzo. He also made a nifty defensive snag following a tough ball up the middle that Russell fielded and threw off-line to Javy at second. Javy barehanded the catch to get the out. The crowd full of Cubs fans made themselves heard, chanting Javy's name at several points during the game.
- Jason Heyward had a nice game, walking and hitting a long triple to left to kick-start the Cubs seven run rally in the sixth inning.
- War Bear also had a 4-RsBI day, mostly thanks to a bomb of a HR to dead center field. Coors is still Coors, but 37 degrees and raining wind the wind blowing in-ish makes it a little tougher.
- Hendricks was not sharp early, but turned it around a bit to labor his way through five innings. His velocity was down again, maybe it was a temperature thing. Not that it gave Gray any problems though.
- Justin Wilson walked two batters in about as low pressure a situation as you can get, a twelve run lead in the ninth.
- Rizzo is still off his game working his way back from the back problem. He still picked up 3 R+RBI in this one though so not all bad. It would have been nice if Joe could have swapped him out for Caratini as the run total got high and the rain started falling.
Next up: Yu Darvish takes on Tyler Anderson at 7:10 PM CT, hopefully in better weather conditions.