OSS: That will work as a palate cleanser.
- The Cubs homered four times in this one, including homers from both sides of the plate from Ian Happ. If that wasn't baffling enough, all four homers were with runners on base, following a streak of 13 straight solo shots.
- Kyle Hendricks cruised through this one, allowing two extremely low leverage runs in eight innings. With a big lead he threw strikes, and for the first time in what seems like forever the Cubs pitching staff failed to walk a batter.
- The Cubs defense also did not record an error today, something that it also seems like hasn't happened in forever. More of this, fellas.
- Everyone in the lineup got a hit today except for Kyle Hendricks. You'd think that Lester smacking the shit out of the ball yesterday would inspire him but he must have missed it while moonlighting as a claims adjustor yesterday.
- Yu Darvish was placed on the DL with the fanciest sounding flu virus. Given how he's struggled so far this year Jen-Ho Tseng might not be much of a downgrade.
- Javy Baez left this game with groin tightness. He's day to day, as are we all.
Next up: Jose Urena takes on probably Jen-Ho Tseng tomorrow at 7:05 PM CT.