OSS: The Cubs apparently just love sweeps.
- Addison Russell knocked in his first homer of the year to cap off the Cubs eight run third inning. He started the inning with a leadoff double, and also added two walks and a single later in the game. The offense in general was firing on all cylinders today, with an assist from the wind, but it has great to see Addy get on base in all of his PAs.
- Anthony Rizzo also had a big day, driving in five runs on a homer and two doubles. He's still got a way to go before he drags his wRC+ above average, but this offense could certainly use his bat heating up.
- Willson Contreras somehow hit two triples in this game. The wind certainly had an assist, but you don't see multi-triple games from catchers that often (dying laughing).
- The conditions were primed for home runs, but Q made it through six innings giving up just one run. He brought his ERA down to a relatively respectable 4.42 with this start.
- Rookie callup Justin Hancock was greeted by a two run homer in his first inning of work. He was later robbed of his first career RBI after drawing a bases loaded walk that was called back due to the ump having dinner plans or something, and not wanting to extend a blowout.
Next up: The Cubs have an off-day, and then renew the Two Teams, One Cup rivalry at 1:20 PM CT on Friday. Tyler Chatwood kicks it off against Carson Fulmer.