OSS: Jon Lester was too dominating and the Cubs singled the Braves to death.
- Jon Lester threw 7 dominating innings in this win. He allowed 5 hits, walked nobody and struckout 7. Lester has allowed 1 run or less in 9 of his 13 starts this year. In another, he allowed 2, but one of the runs was unearned.
- David Ross had the game winning hit in the 4th inning and Ross was also the leader in WPA among the position player with .195. Ross was 2-4 with 2 RBI and a walk. He struckout once.
- This could just as easily have gone to Anthony Rizzo, but it instead goes to Jason Heyward who was 3-4 with 2 walks in is final game at Turner Field. It had to feel good for the local boy to have a day like he did and Heyward has slowly, but surely begun to hit the baseball a lot better than he did at the start of the season.
- The Cubs made 4 errors in this game and 8 in the series. They had gone 8 games in a row prior to the series without an error. Errors are stupid, but the Cubs defense was terrible in this series.
- Ben Zobrist had the second worst WPA among the position player on the day (-.034) despite being 2-5 and driving in 2 runs. He also walked, but he made an error early in the game that led to the only run Lester allowed.
- I thought Chris Coghlan played alright this series for the most part, but he was the worst player by WPA (-.047). He wsa 1-3 with a walk and RBI so it wasn't all bad.