OSS: A win's a win.
- Kyle Schwarber hit a 2 billion foot (est.) home run in the second inning. The early returns on the slimmed-down War Bear's defense are meh, but his power certainly doesn't seem to be affected.
- Ben Zobrist has been crushing the ball in his first two starts, which is great to see after his down year in 2016. He drove in the game winner in this one.
- The Cubs managed to unclog the bases twice today, which was much more than we saw yesterday. Ten runs!
- Somehow I'm always surprised by shitty strike zones at the beginning of every season, but here we are.
- The already gassed Cubs bullpen only gave up one run, but somehow it felt like they surrendered 8 or so. Edwards threw a lot of pitches yesterday so eh.
- Darvish did not have a great debut, giving up five runs in 4+ innings with as many strikeouts as walks and hit batsmen. His hand might have been cramping up or something in his last inning, I guess he needs to get on that Carlos Zambrano potassium diet.
Next up: The Cubs go for the series win tomorrow with Jose Quintana on the mound. Hopefully the Cubs take an early lead and it starts to pour rain in the fifth, and the Marlins cheaped out on roof maintenance.