Did The Cubs Win?
OSS: Cubes strikeout 14 times, and put Russell into the game.
1. Starlin Castro went 2-4 with a double and a strikeout.
2. Nate Schierholtz walked and doubled in 2 runs.
3. Anthony Rizzo is good, even when he isn’t that good. He went 1-3 with a walk, but still saw 23 pitches, which led both teams.
1. James Russell marches ever onward towards his ignominious release.
2. Chris Coghlan was really bad, going 0-3 with 2 strikeouts. I’d very much rather see Vitters up than this guy.
3. My Colt went 0-4 with a strikeout, seeing only 15 pitches in his 4 PA. In the OBP wars, he leads Barney .253 to .242. This is the guy people want to get regular ABs.
Sign that we’re all doomed
This is the list of players on the Cubs 25-man active roster with an on-base percentage of 30% or less:
Next Game: Today, 7:10 PM CST, Cardinals
Wood (4.75) vs Lyons (3.43)
Will The Cubs Win?