Most of the news that's fit to print from week 2 of training camp:
It's actually football!!! I watched the first quarter, which is the only real important quarter for the HOF game. Romo didn't even play, but Ryan Tannehill played a spell. He didn't look very good, and he's the worst type of quarterback: slightly below-average, but not bad enough to give you a great draft pick every year. As you can expect, the play was very sloppy, though the backup Cowboys' line looked very good opening up holes against the backup Dolphins' D-Line.
- Julius Peppers isn't practicing right now, with a hamstring issue. There's really no reason for him to play, it's not like he has to prove anything, and he's getting pretty old.
- Jermon Bushrod did individual drills today, but he still hasn't practiced in a week or so. Eben Britton has been starting at LT in his absence, which, uh oh. He's out of his depth at the blind side, and he profiles a lot better at guard. Curiously, Webb hasn't seen any time at LT this camp, which tells you what this regime thinks of him there.
- Earl Bennett, perennial injury concern, got a concussion earlier this week. He's being monitored right now.
- Alshon Jeffery is suffering a hamstring issue just like Peppers. I think he'll be fine, but I'd really like him to get some reps in practice because he's going to be very important in this offense this year.
- Bears brought in TE Leonard Pope and waived TE Brody Eldridge. It is what it is.
- The NFL has settled on August 9, 7:00 PM CDT for the Bears/Panthers tilt.