If you've got some time to kill, this is a fun trip down memory lane. Fun fact: the Cubs only had one player in the top 100 in 1993 and 1994….and it was the legendary Brooks Kieschnick. Lots of bare years after that too, when Kerry Wood was the only real prospect in the system. Also, Brian Dopirak was once the 21st ranked prospect in the minors (laughing).
All Time BA Top 100 lists
He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. He's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already.
Latest posts by Berselius (see all)
- Series Preview: New York Mets (15-23) at Chicago Cubs (17-23) - May 17, 2013
- Series Preview: Chicago Cubs (13-21) at Washington Nationals (19-15) - May 10, 2013
- Series mini-preview: St. Louis Cardinals (20-11) at Chicago Cubs (12-20) - May 7, 2013
- 15 Years Ago Today - May 6, 2013
- Series Preview: Cincinnati Reds (15-14) at Chicago Cubs (11-17) - May 3, 2013