OSS: Cubs leave em loaded multiple times.
- Bryant and Rizzo had solid days at the plate, and it's not their fault that the guys behind them didn't knock them in. Rizzo did it the hard way, as he was hit twice as part of both bases loaded rallies.
- It was great to see Hector Rondon back after his injury earlier this week. Folks seemed to be prepping for a blown ACL but luckily it didn't turn out so badly.
- Brian Duensing tossed a scoreless inning in his Cubs debut, putting him on track for the Shawn Camp memorial MVP award.
- As alluded to above, the Cubs left the bases loaded in the eighth and ninth inning, certainly not the most fun way to close out a game.
- Justin Grimm was knocked around in the sixth inning, though the box score doesn't look as bad as it felt at the time.
- Hendricks's velocity also appears to be down, but unlike Arrieta he does not seem to be fooling batters. As Perkins pointed out they put a lot of miles on those arms in the postseason, even if Hendricks was pulled early in game seven for possible narrative reasons. It might take a while for these guys to ramp up. I hope.
Next up: Jay Carrieta faces Tyler Glasnow in another day game.